Monday 24 September 2012

ME PARY

Disclaimer

Any resemblance of characters in my blog to real life, whether of persons, objects, or circumstances are purely coincidental. Also, try as much as you can not to use contents of this blog to judge my persona, well its not like i care anyway. For the sake of your psychological health, take everytthing on face value. This is because alot of crazy things may be spewed here that can turn even the most stoic into locos and may even depress some -__- . You should just enjoy the read and you could even pick up a few things that will help. *that being detrimental to you ofcourse*. The lot of sane things here will most likely to have been written by Jemimah. However, any inhibition you may have as regards the use of profanity in this blog is purely the fault of Nikky. She is my co-blogger and as others may well know "my alter-ego". Therefore any and all complaints should be forwarded to her desk. And to tell you the truth, she usually doesn't give a hoot. So you might like to do yourself a favour and ignore anything that may offend you.


ME PARTY

I was always one to have a party everytime my birthday came along. This has been so since forever, or atleast for as long as i can remember. It was probably a benefit i enjoyed being the last child and having the last birthday in the year. This meant that everyone in the house looked forward to my birthdays as a cure to their boredom. And i made sure never to disappoint them, so I would pester my mother till she gets me a beautiful birthday dress. From the little i remember of Papito, i know he usually sent me a gift from whatever part of the country/world that he was at.

I grew up being the most celebrated birthday celebrant in the house. And when i went to secondary school, that didn't stop. Every visiting day following my birthday came with a party. The host of my family all came to my school on that day bearing so many different cuisines, drinks, canopies and mats. I would rally all my friends to our tent and we will party. Even after secondary school, i made it mandatory to celebrate every birthday of mine or atleast mark it in some way if i am too preoccupied to have a party.

It got to a point where i started to fund my birthdays alone. I was thrilled about that because that meant i was independent enough to do it without Momma pitching in some funds for it. But later that thrill began to dwindle. This i noticed for a certain two years ago. I had just started working and i was feeling like the ideal "big girl", but that status didn't last long. I realized i was spending almost more than the worth of 2 months salary for a birthday party. Last year was the eye opener, for my birthday, i had two parties, one was a buffet at my house and another party for my friends the next day. When the cobwebs had cleared from my eyes after the binge weekend, i noticed my account was bleeding red, it was then i knew i had to draw a line.

With my birthday soon coming around this year, i informed my very close friends that i had no intention of celebrating my birthday this year and they went berserk. They protested vehemently stating that my decision was irrational and outright mean! Hmmmmm, now that got me wavering,
"to do" for the sake of my friends, or "not to do" for my own sake and my sanity?

I came to the conclusion, i was gonna do my birthday alone. After all it was just i who was born on that day, thus i am at liberty to decide just how i wanna mark it. I intend to go shopping for the most beautiful outfit, don it and spend the day alone in the cinema, watching movies and indulging in all types of food that i can eat that day. After that, i will buy supplies and then rally the support of my friends and together we will go to an orphanage and bless the kids with the supplies. At the end i could appreciate my friends for their support by taking them all out for dinner.

Now that would be a worthwhile birthday celebration! I do hope it goes well, so i can regale you with tales after.

Ciao.

No comments: